http://oceanadesigns.net/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?url=http://oceanadesigns.net/marble/ Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD’s) and their Prevention
where can i buy accutane online Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD’s) and their Prevention
Sexually Transmitted Diseases are the infections which can be transmitted from one person to another person through sexual contact. Some STD’s can be treated and cured while some could be very dangerous and damaging to health, even cause death.
Way of Transmission of Infection
It can spread from one person to another person through contact with skin, mouth, genitals, rectum or other body fluids. Anyone who has this infection can transfer it through oral, genital or anal contact with other people.
Causes of STD’s
These infections are caused by Bacteria and viruses. Bacterial infections can be cured by antibiotics but viral infections are difficult to cure completely though symptoms can be treated accordingly.
Types of STD’s
• Genital and oral herpes
• Human immunodeficiency virus infection (HIV or AIDS)
• Human papillomavirus infection (HPV)
• Hepatitis B
Risk factors of STD’s
Following are the factors which increase the risks of STD’s.
• Having More than one sexual partner
• Having partner who has more than one sexual partner
• Sexual relations with someone who has Sexual infections.
• Use of intravenous drugs with unsterilized syringes
• History of STD’s
• Teenagers are more at risk than adults
How can you reduce the risk of STD’s?
1. You must know about your sexual partner, his or her history of sexual infection must be well known to you.
2. Try to limit the number of your sexual partners and make a relationship with one partner at one time.
3. Try to know the number of partners your partner have at that time. Remember these cautions are for your safety, otherwise you will be responsible for your health risks.
Preventions to avoid STD’s
• You should use latex condoms every time when you have genital or oral sex, this will reduce the risk of infections.
• Condoms which are lubricated with spermicides do not provide extra protection, rather they are sometime damaging or could be a cause of HIV.
• Avoid risky sexual practices which cause tear or lacerations in skin of vagina and anus increase the risk of carrying STD’s.
• Anal sex produces more risks because tear in rectum occurs more easily than vagina and chances of infection increase.
• Having unprotected sexual contact with a person who is having sexual infection will bring infection in you. Keep that in mind every time you sex.
• Get vaccines for certain kinds of infections like papillomavirus and Hepatitis B and hepatitis C.
Sexually transmitted infections affect pregnancy also
Sexually Transmitted infections during pregnancy affect baby as well. It can cause serious health risks in your baby, it can affect eye infections or pneumonia. Chlamydia and gonorrhea can cause health damaging effects.
Syphilis infection may cause stillbirth or miscarriage. HIV infection can also occur in baby. You must take treatment early to reduce the risks of sexually transmitted infections in your baby. Both partners must be treated.
Routine checkup of you and your baby will find out any infection before time.
In the case of any complication, contact your physician soon.